Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our Valentine Supper




Our Valentine Supper

     It occurred to me today that my husband asked me on our first date to a Valentine Banquet. Our first kiss was on Valentine's Day 1968! We have been married thirty-nine years.






     I love orchids! I don't have a favorite child and it is hard to have a favorite flower but orchids are high on my list.




 Transferware plates have been fun to collect. Crystal always catches my eye when I am antiquing. The double candleholder was my mother's. Forgot to put the salt in the candlewicking salt cellars. Also could not find all of my tiny sterling salt spoons. It is hard to see the napkins but my husband brought cut work tablecloths, placemats and napkins for me back from Korea.

My husband lost his dear father last week. I am reflecting on special memories with my sweetheart. We have been sick and stuck inside so a  homemade valentine with a special memory list is my surprise to him. When he saw the table he said,"You mean we are not going to watch sixty minutes and eat off TV trays?"

4 comments:

  1. bonnie....what a beautiful table you set! i too am always drawn to the crystal when out thrifting :) i am sorry to hear about your father in law, but am happy to see that you are making special memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie, your table is lovely and that double crystal candleholder us just beautiful!! Hope your Valentine's dinner was a huge success. Surprising how our guys really DO appreciate the extras that we do just for them. Hope your husband and family are doing well after his father's passing!
    blessings,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! You're right, we do like the same things :) Thank you for your sweet comment.
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful Mama. You always set such a pretty table!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so encouraging and make my day. I would love to know what you are thinking.
Please consider following by email or Bloglovin'. Thank you for reading my blog.