Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sister's Road Trip!!

My sister and I had a great time visiting her two daughters last week. Jennifer's loft apartment in Atlanta was our first stop. Located close to downtown her loft apartment is convenient to her work and was a fun place to spend the night. I would describe her loft as sophisticated and chic. The picture above is the entry way.

This is another entryway that looks into the kitchen. Love all her mirrors! The white IKEA wall unit provides additional storage and is a striking focal point.

I love all her appliances. Great counter tops and cabinets, too!

Aren't the lights interesting?
All the pics were made from my iPad. I couldn't resist! Just enjoying myself visiting, the pictures at first thought, were to show my family. Then I realized how neat they would be to share on my blog.

Her loft is around 1300 square feet.


Wish I had gotten a better picture of Bella, her cat.  I love the brick walls and high ceilings. So many great textures! Did you notice her shoes?

I made a picture of the beautiful church you see out her window but decided to omit it because the street signs are prominent in the picture.

Her bedroom and adjacent bath. Great wall color. I didn't get pictures of the guest bedroom and bath and they are very cute.






Guest bedroom.





Guest bath. My niece has only lived here a short time but has done so much. She is really enjoying her job in Atlanta as a chemical engineer with a great company. I am so proud of her. I think she misses her dog and will be looking for a house with a yard soon so she can have a place for Cooper.



It was neat to drink coffee out of her Anthropologie cups the next morning. They were so cute I had to make a picture!
Thanks, Jennifer, for allowing me to share your loft apartment.  I love your style! It was  a great visit.

Next post, sister's house in Lagrange, Georgia!

If you would like to leave a comment, click on comments right below.  Write your comment in the box and press publish. Non-bloggers can use  the anonymous profile but please leave your name at the end of your comment so I will know you stopped by.

Linking to  Seasonal Sundays and Wow Us Wednesday, 

14 comments:

  1. What fun this must have been for you and your sister. The loft apt. is dreamy! I love how she' decorated. So many great details. I really love the chairs at the dining table, so frenchy. My sister lives in Buckhead and we have so much fun when I go visit. Thanks for sharing your road trip…….

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great trip with your sister and I'm so glad you shared the apartment pics. Yes she has done a beautiful job decorating. Can't wait for the next stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet to take a trip with your sis. I miss my sis already and I just left yesterday from being in her wedding in Buffalo. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "S" shaped light is nifty. Loft living is special in a big city like Atlanta, which we avoid like an illness. We do live about two hours away in middle Georgia. Her style is young and fresh and I do love the mirrors too. Thanks so much for visiting me and my long for but not obtained bucket:] Olive

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your niece has a great loft apartment. Love the exposed brick. Her place has so much character.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to turn back the clock and have my own singles loft! Amazing space - how fun! And those coffee mugs are fabulous!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a stunning loft! I really love all that exposed brick and the tile in the kitchen too. She's doing a great job decorating it so far. Very sophisticated for sure. I'm visiting you from Savvy Southern Style and I've signed up to follow along with you on GFC. Stop by for a visit and follow along with me too, if ya like! http://creeklinehouse.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic space! I love the exposed brick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun to see the family children grown up and settle into their own places. Great loft space. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great space. The brick is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute, cute place and what a great job she has done making it her own. The swirly ceiling light reminds of one in Linsey's new home. It's not exactly to her French country taste, but it is in what will be used as the music room and is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer has always had great style. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bonnie,

    I hope all is well with you. I have always loved loft apartments because of the brick interior walls and the big windows with lots of light. Your niece certainly has done a lot with hers; the decor is great! I'm so glad you shared these pics with us.

    Please stop by and visit my blog today if you can. I'm passing along a blog award to you that I received from a sweet blogger in England. The Liebster Blog award is for people (like me) who have less than 200 followers. It's a nice way to give recognition to other bloggers, and let people learn some new things about you, as well.

    Have a great day, Bonnie!

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loft living is so great for a single person or married working couple. It's so chic! I love the brick walls and how open everything is. Love those chairs at her dining table too. I'd say she's doing very well for herself with that great job and great loft!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so encouraging and make my day. I would love to know what you are thinking.
Please consider following by email or Bloglovin'. Thank you for reading my blog.