Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Nursery Fit for a Princess!


Peacocks evoke sweet memories of their frequent trips to a nearby park with quite a few real peacocks that roam freely. See the peacocks here.








This mobile is one of a kind handmade by her Aunt Katie. It is spectacular in person. I could't do it justice in a photo to show the detail.


Adorable and precious is all I can say!

This dresser was a Craig's list great find. Before pic coming up. Such nice storage.

Mom and Dad and big brother are always in the room with her. I think everything pictured are sweet gifts from dear friends.


Just three months old and already has tons of hair bows!


And here is our "special princess" enjoying her pretty room.
I thought you would be interested in before and after pics. My DIL had a great vision and I love the outcome.

Before: Room was used as a playroom, guest room and exercise room.

 I am facing the mirror that was the width of the room.
This was her tentative plan that she could envision when I was at their house in June. They cut, mitered, and painted the trim to divide the large mirror into sections. What I can't image is how they didn't break the mirror! I am very impressed with their work. Such a shame they will be moving soon.

Would you believe they only paid $20 or $25 for this wood chest? I could see it used in several rooms.  What a nice blessing!

I hope to show pics of brother's room next. It is equally nice.

Linking to Wow us WednesdaysOpen House Thursday Party, Seasonal Sundays and Metamorphosis Mondays. 





16 comments:

  1. Precious - Absolutely Precious .... and the room WOW!!! definitely fit for a Princess.... Blessings, HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Bonnie -- this nursery is amazing!! I love to see pretty nurseries; don't know why, but I just think they're fascinating. I know you visited Beatrix Potter's home in England; do you know that's what the theme was in our son's nursery? I didn't want to know the gender of our baby, so we painted the nursery walls a pale blue with cheerful white trim. I had a Peter Rabbit crib set, bookends, switch plate, and stuffed Peter Rabbit. I really thought we were having a boy, but I felt the room would be fine for a girl as well. I loved that nursery. By the time he was a toddler, the nursery definitely looked more like a boy's room.

    Your daughter-in-law is very talented; I love what she did with this room. The pink bonnets and knit caps are darling on the wall, as is the hand-made mobile. I really love the gorgeous bed skirt on the crib!! I'm so glad you shared these pics with us -- such great ideas for a girl's nursery.

    Have a wonderful week!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful room! I can tell she was excited about having a girl to make such a frilly room. I would too, if I had one! I love how she added the netting to the bottom of the crib. Such a great addition! I like the classic colors she used in the room too. Your granddaughter is beautiful. Thanks for sharing her pretty nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on the nursery for your beautiful princess. Our new princess is now 3 1/2 months olds. Such fun. Thanks for the tour. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous nursery....So many beautiful details for the beautiful "princess"....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable and precious....I'd say that applies to both the little princess and the nursery. There's much to like, but my very favorite feature is the hats arranged on the wall. Very cute and clever. Happy New Year, Bonnie, and here's to good things happening in 2013. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet and charming nursery! The baby is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a nursery for a princess, I am passing this along to my daughter who is expecting a princess in March! We have been looking for an inspiration for the crib bed skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your princess is beautiful. The nursery is just gorgeous! I love the peacock. I love all the details. The bed skirt is amazing! I am glad to see you posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby is just an adorable princess!! The nursery is fit for that princess for sure! I love the mobil, I can see the beauty of it, even in the pic. I love the bed skirt. Thank you for sharing and many blessings for the cutie and her parents! Thanks for your sweet and kind visit.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable baby and her nursery is beautiful! Thank you for sharing this pretty Princess room at the Open House party. xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful room for a beautiful baby! Love all the tulle...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful transformation for such a beautiful girl!! Thank you so much for stopping by to see me and always leaving such nice comments! I apologize for not getting around sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an elegant nursery for such a beautiful little princess!! Your daughter-in-law is so creative with her decorating. I loved the expression on Sophie's face (in the preceding blog) when she opened her American Girl doll. Priceless!! How blessed you and Mike are with 4 precious little grandchildren. (Where did James's little boy get that red hair?) They are both so precious!! Thanks for sharing. (I posted our Disney pics with Amanda's little boys on FB.) Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie~ How adorable for your sweet princess and what a wonderful metamorphosis on the chest and room! I especially love the tulle skirt and beautiful mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Indeed, fit for a princess! What a beautiful transformation! I love the new mirror and how they displayed the hair bows :) and hats!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so encouraging and make my day. I would love to know what you are thinking.
Please consider following by email or Bloglovin'. Thank you for reading my blog.