Monday, April 21, 2014

New Blooming Flowers in the Garden

What is blooming in your garden? I have clematis, knockout roses, camellias, irises, columbines, hostas, and soon will have amaryllis blooming.
I keep intending to add other color varieties of clematis in my garden each year.
 I would like to have a Faded Grandeur and a Pretty Miss. So, ask me later if I have added these varieties. It is just silly not to act on your goals. Quit thinking Bonnie, and just do it.
Prompt deadheading encourages a second flush of flowers in late summer or early autumn.
 If you have a clematis plant and it is growing slowly put a brick at the roots. They like cool feet. This vine is over ten years old.
It's funny how the blooms are thicker at the bottom.
This is one of the late bloomer camellias that I have.  It was full of blossoms all perfectly formed. I can't remember the name of it.
If you are planting new plants in your garden write down the name of the plant and when you planted it.  In years to come, you will be glad you did. I labeled all my camellias but the labels have not held up to the weather so a notebook is the best plan. By the way, I do have a very nice gardening planner! LOL! It has not been written in much so I speak with experience! Bloggers do make pictures and it has helped me on many occasions to look up garden pics to remember things.
 My mother had purple iris and I can't help but be sentimental thinking about hers. They lined a long driveway along with day lilies.
This is my favorite columbine. I love the color and the nicest thing about this plant is the foliage stays green all year and is quite pretty. Beware, it does spread but easy to pull up and share with a friend.
 Autumn Joy Sedum roots so easily. Just pinch off and stick in the dirt  soil.
 I turned my bird house facing east hoping to attract the bluebirds and thought they would stay but they didn't. See post about bluebirds here.

My arbor covered with confederate jasmine is about to bloom.  All the new green growth on the trees have the prettiest shades of green.

All the hostas are coming up too. All of the plants in this post are perennials and will come back year after year. What a blessing that is!

Soon, all the amaryllis will be open. What do you have blooming in your garden?

Linking to: Metamorphosis Monday and  Inspire Me Tuesday.

13 comments:

  1. Such pretty flowers. I wish I had a green thumb. I struggle growing things each summer. I keep thinking one day I'll get it.

    Shannon ~ bohemianjunktion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful Bonnie, great colors! I'll bet the jasmine arbor is amazing when it blooms-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I love your flowers! I can almost smell them!!! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, You have such a beautiful yard. I didn't know that about clematis. Maybe one day I will add one to my garden..
    Pretty post..
    Love, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! I have the same clematis in my garden and since I am new to this house it was a joy to watch them open and discover which variety they were! I love your garden and am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, your garden is just bursting with color. We have a much later spring than you do. I just have a few tulips and some daffodils blooming. The clematis is such a killer color. Your arbor is so charming. Enjoy you beautiful garden. Thanks for sharing with us. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden and photos are equally stunning! We missed you in Fairhope yesterday!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bonnie, what beauty you've shared with us. Your clematis is just stunning and I can't wait to see your arbor in bloom. I tried hostas, but I'm thinking the bunnies ate them!! You sure have a green thumb. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Bonnie! Your clematis is a stunner with its profusion of blooms! Thanks for the tip on a brick. I planted one to grow up my bottle tree last year and something kept digging it up and it didn't make it. Maybe it I cover it with bricks it will serve two purposes :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie, you are such a talented gardener. Thanks for the tip on the Clematis; I've always loved their flowering vines. The color you show is especially pretty! I also love your Columbines, purple Iris, and lovely Camellias. Don't you love the smell of Confederate Jasmine in the spring and summer? Just heavenly! I always enjoy your gardening posts -- can't wait to see more of your yard throughout the season. :)

    Hugs to you,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bonnie,

    You have such a very beautiful garden and loved seeing all the gorgeous blooms that you have flowering.
    Many thanks for your kind visit and words you left me - I look forward to coming to visit you again
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging, www.funeralflowersuk.org

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are so encouraging and make my day. I would love to know what you are thinking.
Please consider following by email or Bloglovin'. Thank you for reading my blog.